Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that values and respects differences in backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences. Fostering a diverse workplace is central to our collaborative approach and one of our core strengths as a firm. When we bring together talented individuals of many different backgrounds and embrace their multiple perspectives, we are more effective at solving our clients’ complex and sophisticated problems.
In addition, many of our lawyers volunteer their time with nonprofit organizations and professional associations that promote racial, ethnic, and gender diversity in the legal profession. These include Polk County Women Attorneys, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), and the Iowa Organization of Women Attorneys, among others.
Veterans at Whitfield & Eddy
We are proud to employee a number of attorneys and professional staff who have bravely served in the U.S. armed forces. We salute them for their selfless service for our country and for risking their lives to protect our freedoms.
- S. Luke Craven: U.S. Army Reserves, enlisted, legal specialist, 1998-2000; Iowa Army National Guard, ROTC cadet, 2000-2001; Iowa Army National Guard, commissioned officer (Aviation), 2001-2003; U.S. Army, commissioned officer (Aviation, including service in Operation Iraqi Freedom tour, 2005-2007), 2003-2007; Iowa Army National Guard, commissioned officer (Aviation), 2007-2008.
- Gary Gately: U.S. Army, active duty, 1957-1958.
- Thomas S. Reavely: U.S. Army Reserve, colonel (retired), JAGC, 1968-1998.
- Bernard L. “Jerry” Spaeth Jr.: U.S. Air Force, judge advocate and captain, certified trial and defense counsel, 1974-1978.
- John A. Templer Jr.: U.S. Army, 1969-1971.