Alexis is a member of the firm's litigation practice group with an emphasis in family law and labor and employment law. She supports attorneys through depositions, hearings, expert witness interviews, trial preparation, motions, and other legal documents. Her role is dedicated to research, analysis, persuasive writing, and thoughtful guidance. In her practice, "the devil is in the detail" is a daily commitment to the best work product for her clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Alexis was a Law Clerk for Iowa Supreme Court Justice Edward Mansfield. In that role, she researched and composed legal opinions for the appellate court.
Alexis earned her Bachelor of Science in Professional Writing from Taylor University in 2013 magna cum laude. She earned her Juris Doctor from Drake University Law School in 2017 with highest honors and was Editor in Chief of the Drake Law Review.
- Associate Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2018—present
- Law Clerk, Iowa Supreme Court, 2017—2018
- Law Clerk, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2015—2017
News & Events
Author, Collaborative Divorce as an Alternative to Traditional Adversarial Divorce or Other Forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Drake Law Review Discourse, September 2017
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
Drake University Law School, J.D., 2017, with highest honors
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's list all semesters
- Drake Law Review, Editor in Chief, 2016-2017, Junior Staff Member, 2015-2016
- Justice David and Madonna Harris Award, 2016-2017
- Martin Tollefson Award, 2017
- K.M. Waggoner Peer Mentoring Award, 2016
Taylor University, B.S., Professional Writing, 2013, magna cum laude