Iowa’s construction sector offers significant economic opportunities and challenges. Companies and their projects often face serious, unforseen legal issues when navigating regulatory changes, drafting and reviewing contracts, handling disputes, or other stages in the construction process. Partnering with experienced and knowledgeable counsel enables companies to avoid or minimize costly problems and focus on building their projects.
Our experienced attorneys command a leading role in Iowa’s construction sector. We represent many of the top-tier construction companies in Iowa, and our breadth extends to clients throughout the nation. In addition to contractors and sureties, we represent subcontractors, suppliers, and other partners in the construction process. Our work runs the gamut from reviewing contracts, handling defect, delay, and other disputes, and representing clients in arbitration and litigation proceedings.
Our team also provides legislative services for a number of trade associations, such as Master Builders of Iowa and the Associated General Contractors of Iowa. We help draft construction-related legislation in Iowa and testify before Iowa legislative committees considering construction-related legislation.
Members of the team are also active in the Iowa State Bar Association's Construction Section, the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, the American Bar Association’s Fidelity & Surety Law Committee, the Surety Association of Iowa, and the National Bond Claims Association. They serve as resources and leaders in these organizations by contributing to scholarly legal publications concerning the construction industry and by speaking before many industry groups on construction-related matters.
- American Bar Association Fidelity & Surety Law Committee
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law
- Associated General Contractors of Iowa
- Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa
- Iowa Chapter of the Construction Financial Management Association
- Construction Specifications Institute
- Design-Build Institute of America, Iowa Chapter
- Iowa Concrete Paving Association
- Iowa Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- Iowa State Bar Association Construction Law Section
- National Bond Claims Association
- Master Builders of Iowa
- Mechanical Contractors Association of Iowa
News & Events
- United States Court of Appeals for First Circuit Holds Prohibition on Arbitration Extends to Independent Contractors06.21.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice (TIPS) Committee News Spring 2016, 04.28.2016