Food, Beverage, and Hospitality
As the service industry continues to grow in Iowa, hospitality business owners and executives choose to work with Whitfield & Eddy attorneys on dram shop, liquor licensing, and compliance matters.
Nick Cooper leads the firm’s administrative and liquor licensing practice, having advised and represented national restaurants, hotels, and grocers along with local retailers, distributors, and manufacturers on all matters related to alcohol and doing business in Iowa. He works extensively with the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division and local authorities across the State to obtain licenses and ensure ongoing compliance. He is an active member of the National Association of Licensing Professionals, a leading industry trade group representing regional and national bar, restaurant, and hospitality businesses.
Tom Henderson and Samuel “Luke” Craven defend dram shop cases across the State of Iowa. Tom and Luke have over 20 years combined experience representing businesses that sell and serve alcoholic beverages with regard to dram shop and premise liability claims. In addition to defending dram shops at trial, Tom Henderson has had numerous successful Iowa Supreme Court cases that have helped define the area of Iowa’s dram shop law.
Tom was selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America as a top-ranked attorney in Food and Beverage Law and Litigation – Insurance (2016). He also is a peer-selected member of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, an invitation-only professional trial practice group, and a frequent speaker on Iowa dram shop law.
Whitfield & Eddy Law attorneys represent national and local clients including manufacturers, distributors, and retailers including:
- Convenience Stores
- Movie Theaters
News & Events
- Transportation Law Update: Iowa Legislature Clarifies Law on Independent Contractors in Transportation01.18.2021
- Best Lawyers In America, 08.20.2020
- Transportation Law Update: Governor Reynolds Extends the Disaster Emergency Declaration - Potential August Termination for Critical Trucking Operations08.05.2020
- Transport Topics News, 05.22.2020
- Transportation Law Update: United States Court of Appeals for First Circuit Holds Prohibition on Arbitration Extends to Independent Contractors06.21.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Denver, Colorado, 10.16.2019