Jaki Samuelson Discusses "What Exactly is Sexual Harassment" on Panel
Whitfield & Eddy labor and employment attorney Jaki Samuelson was on a panel discussing "What Exactly is Sexual Harassment" at the West Des Moines Chamber Elevate meeting on February 1, 2018 at the West Des Moines Sheraton.
Other panelists included:
- Angela Connolly, Moderator, Polk County Supervisor
- Melynda DeCarlo, Panelist, National and Regional Training Director, Meyvn Group
- Christy Smith, SVP, Panelist Corporate HR and Aureon Staffing
The panel discussed the issue of harassment and how to recognize, confront, counsel, and help women and men transform our culture.
Discussion for the panel included unique perspectives on:
- What exactly is harassment? Does it include being flirtatious? What about giving compliments?
- Are there multiple forms of harassment?
- Who do you go if you've experienced harassment?
- Is there a "spectrum" of appropriate and inappropriate behavior?
- What is the person harassing you is the boss? What do you do then?
- How is the #METOO Movement impacting how women react?