Real Estate and Transactional Attorney
Whitfield & Eddy Law in downtown Des Moines, Iowa has a full-time opportunity for an experienced and hard-working partner-track real estate and transactional attorney. Whitfield & Eddy Law is a full-service law firm with over forty attorneys practicing in areas including business, banking, litigation, employment, and construction. Our firm is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture.
Technical Skills Required
The person hired for this position should have a deep understanding of real estate. Will work closely with our highly-regarded real estate and business team on a variety of sophisticated transactional and real estate work for local, regional and national clients. These responsibilities include:
- Reviewing abstracts, drafting title opinions, and clearing title objections.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing lease and purchase agreements.
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial loan documentation.
- Leading real estate closings.
- General corporate and business matters, assisting clients in the formation and day to day needs for various business entities.
Candidates with previous law firm experience, licensed in Iowa with a minimum of 3 years of experience in agricultural, residential and commercial real estate lending are strongly preferred.
About Whitfield & Eddy Law
Our culture is defined by our attorneys’ ability to build and grow their own unique practice and positive results for clients. Whitfield & Eddy Law is committed to continuing education and practice development and will provide the tools necessary to support our attorneys. Our firm leadership is committed to providing the secure technologies necessary to ensure 24/7 access to workflow.
We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as a very competitive compensation and benefits package.