Des Moines and Ankeny Real Estate Lawyers
Whitfield & Eddy has local real estate attorneys you can trust in Des Moines. Our highly knowledgeable and experienced team has assisted many agricultural, commercial, and industrial property owners as well as residential real estate professional with purchases and long-term plans for their holdings. With an understanding of complex topics such as the zoning and entitlement process, you can trust our attorneys for guidance.
We have helped a range of real estate professionals by answering questions and dealing with complex legal matters, including:
- Property managers
Real Estate Legal Services Offered by Whitfield & Eddy
Real estate purchases require a thorough understanding of the law, especially when you enter a complicated deal. You need to understand what you're committing to and how to uphold the contract. Our attorneys regularly research zoning laws as developing property demands legal knowledge of liabilities to mitigate your risk.
Having a legal team steer and advise you on your real estate investments can protect you and your assets. Our services include:
- Closings for residential and commercial properties
- Title opinions for residential and commercial properties
- Land use, zoning, and planning
- Property management
- Residential and commercial leasing
- Handling conflicts with homeowners' associations
- Dealing with agricultural issues related to real estate deals
Benefits of Selecting Us for Your Real Estate Legal Needs
The attorneys at Whitfield & Eddy have the background and sound judgment to look out for you during seemingly mundane and complex real estate matters. We provide comprehensive services focused on speedy and positive outcomes for our clients. Our measured, considered approach to every problem drives progress towards completion. In addition, our proactive approach, ensures regular and clear communication.
Trust our team to represent you in litigation or mediation. Our lawyers are prepared to fight through an appeals process—going to state, federal, and appellate courts. We seek the right solution and resolution to your real estate issue that fit your business or personal goals.
Our legal acumen has been recognized by Chambers USA's Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a Leading firm in Real Estate. U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in America named us to the "Best Law Firms" in the real estate area.
Contact Whitfield & Eddy Today to Discuss Your Real Estate Concerns
When you require legal guidance on your real estate holdings or counsel before making a purchase, contact the real estate attorneys at Whitfield & Eddy. We offer the strong advocacy you need to navigate real estate legal matters.
The right firm. The right fit.
Get in touch today to make an appointment and discuss your real estate needs.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a Leading firm in Real Estate (Chambers USA: 2014-2019)
- Selected for inclusion in U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" 2016-2019 in the area of Real Estate.
News & Events
- The Iowa State Bar Association Real Estate Law Manual 2019, 08.21.2019
- Construction Law Update: Efforts to Legislatively Overturn Iowa Court of Appeal’s Decision Regarding Homestead Rights Die with Close of Legislative Session05.03.2019
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Des Moines, Iowa, 11.18.2019
- St. Paul, Minnesota, 11.01.2019