Construction Litigation Attorneys in Iowa
Our attorneys provide a wide range of services in the litigation of large and complex construction disputes. Our attorneys represent clients in the many dispute resolution forums, including bench and jury trials throughout Iowa, and even in some other states.
We are also experienced in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution, including mediation and arbitration. Several of the members of this practice group serve as trained arbitrators and mediators.
- Bidding disputes
- Construction defects
- Contract issues
- Delay claims
- Mechanic’s liens
- Payment issues
- Public project claims
- Surety issues
Cases and Transactions
- Lead counsel representing general contractor defending $20 million construction defect case involving domed stadium. More than 15 parties involved. Able to settle for $1.4 million on behalf of general contractor and its subcontractors, assessing majority of liability to design professional.
- Counsel for boring contractor defending $3 million defective work claim by major petroleum refinery owner. Two-week jury trial resulted in defense verdict for boring contractor and awarded judgment for balance of contract.
- Successfully mediated multimillion-dollar claim on behalf of ENR Top 20 contractor involving more than 240 185-foot wind turbine generators.
- Successfully represented major curtainwall subcontractor in defending competitor’s challenge to contract award on multimillion-dollar public project.
News & Events
- Chambers USA, 05.20.2021
- Best Lawyers In America, 08.20.2020
- Construction Law Update: Supreme Court Prohibits Residential Contractors From Acting as Public Adjusters Without a License04.29.2020
- Construction Law Update: Efforts to Legislatively Overturn Iowa Court of Appeal’s Decision Regarding Homestead Rights Die with Close of Legislative Session05.03.2019
- Construction Law Update: Eighth Circuit Concludes No Liability Against Surety When Claim Against Principal Fails04.30.2019
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 03.24.2021
- Rancho Palos Verdes, California, 12.27.2019
- John Fatino Published Analysis of Seedorff Masonry, Inc. v. Archer Western Construction, LLC Appellate DecisionAmerican Bar Association, 04.06.2021