Sean is an attorney in the firm's construction practice group, representing clients in matters in state and federal courts. Comfortable and adept in the courtroom, he is able to try cases to verdict and maintain those verdicts on appeal. His background as a law clerk for Chief District Court Judge Leonard T. Strand in the Northern District of Iowa helped him develop a knowing appreciation for the nuance and tactics involved in high-stakes litigation.
Construction Industry Focus
Clients seek Sean for representation in business and construction matters including breach of contract, business disputes, employment, homeowners associations, and other matters.
Des Moines, Iowa Trial Attorney
Sean's litigation practice also includes representing clients in dram shop, products and premises liability, personal injury (plaintiff and defense), and wrongful death.
Criminal Defense attorney
Sean represents individuals and businesses in white collar matters in both the state and federal courts. His criminal defense practice includes assisting clients on issues related to health care, finance and banking, government regulation, immigration, and conspiracy. He is a member of the Criminal Justice Act Federal Defender's Panel.
- Attorney at Law, Whitfield & Eddy, 2022—present
- Partner, Grefe & Sidney, P.L.C., 2021
- Panel Member, Criminal Justice Act Federal Defender's Panel, Southern District of Iowa, 2020—present
- Associate Attorney, Grefe & Sidney, P.L.C., 2017—2020
- Law Clerk, Honorable Chief District Judge Leonard T. Strand, United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa, 2016—2017
- Master Builders of Iowa Annual Winter Conference, February 2022
News & Events
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2015
Wartburg College, B.A., 2011, magna cum laude
U.S. District Court - Southern District of Iowa
U.S. District Court - Northern District of Iowa
U.S. Court of Appeals - Eighth Circuit