Divorce and Family Law Attorneys in Iowa
In Iowa, the information and evidence you gather to support your claims drive divorce and family law cases. If you are dealing with a divorce, custody battle, domestic violence or other complex legal issues, we can help. At Whitfield & Eddy Law, we have a practice group of attorneys focused on divorces and family law cases. Our dedicated divorce and family law attorneys in Des Moines and Mount Pleasant use a comprehensive approach resolving legal issues in your best interests.
Your Personal Divorce Attorney in Des Moines
If you or your spouse seek a divorce, it is strongly advised you seek the counsel of a divorce lawyer. Divorces often trigger intense emotional reactions — our lawyers provide objective third-party perspectives, guiding your family to an agreeable resolution. Even seemingly amicable separations can become prolonged legal battles. Consulting a Whitfield & Eddy family law attorney as soon as possible helps you prepare mentally for the process, and relieves a great deal of the stress and uncertainty you face.
Des Moines and Mount Pleasant Family Lawyers
Our family lawyers provide skilled and effective legal services aimed at achieving your family goals. The impact of court decisions in family cases have lifelong implications for you, your spouse, and your children. We take every step to make sure you understand the consequences of any legal agreements or requests. Most of all, we ensure you always have a vocal presence fighting for your rights and safety.
The family lawyers at Whitfield & Eddy have the experience in and out of the courtroom to help you navigate your case. We provide legal support, regular communication, and guidance for family legal matters involving:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Domestic violence
- Spousal support
- Property/debt division
How Can Our Divorce and Family Lawyers Help?
From the moment you partner with our firm, you gain peace of mind knowing our experienced legal team takes proactive measures to secure a desirable outcome. Depending on the needs of your case, our lawyers gather evidence, question witnesses, mediate disputes, draft agreements, and more to help you overcome your challenges. If negotiations fail to yield acceptable results, we leverage the experience of our entire team to argue your case in court.
At Whitfield & Eddy Law, we keep you informed and you can always count on us for answers to your questions. Our lawyers provide frequent updates throughout the full duration of your proceedings and we are always a phone call away for continued support for your family legal matter. Whether you live in Des Moines, Mount Pleasant, or anywhere in Iowa, you count on our team for dedicated, reliable, and reachable legal support.
Contact a Divorce and Family Attorney in Des Moines, Iowa
When you partner with Whitfield & Eddy Law for your divorce or family legal matter, you gain the advantage of a complete legal team committed to helping you overcome your legal challenges with options that can fit your unique situation and budget.
The right firm. The right fit.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.
Call today for your divorce consultation at 515-288-6041.
News & Events
- The Iowa Lawyer, 09.08.2021
- The Iowa Lawyer, 06.07.2021
- Divorce, Family Law and Employment Update: Roll Up Your Sleeve (COVID-19 Vaccines, Vaccines and Iowa Law)01.25.2021
- Divorce and Family Law News: Canine Care During the Pandemic, Work From Home, Return To Work and More08.28.2020
- Best Lawyers In America, 08.20.2020
- Divorce and Family Law News: Simply a visitor? Understand terminology for formal and informal child custody.03.04.2020
- The Iowa Lawyer, 08.21.2019
- Divorce and Family Law News: Tyler Coe Interviewed on Iowa Public Radio About Federal Government Shutdown and Family Law01.14.2019
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Webinar, 06.24.2020
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 12.13.2019
- Altoona, Iowa, 11.02.2019
- Des Moines, Iowa, 10.16.2019
- Des Moines, Iowa, 10.16.2019
- The Iowa Lawyer, 08.04.2020
- Alimony/Spousal Support
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Civil Protective Orders
- Collaborative Law
- Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- Division of Assets and Property
- Domestic Violence
- Farm Divorces
- Gifted Property
- High Conflict Cases
- Inherited Property
- Juvenile Law
- Mid to High Asset Cases
- Modification of Child Custody
- Modification of Child Support
- Modification of Spousal Support/Alimony
- Parenting Time/Visitation
- Pet Custody
- Premarital/Prenuptial Agreements
- Spousal Support
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Trials: Divorce and Family Law