Danni Harris is honored to help her clients navigate extremely difficult circumstances. As a zealous advocate, Danni built her career and legal practice litigating family law matters including dissolution of marriage, custody, domestic abuse, grandparent visitation, guardianship, and termination of parental rights.
When a relationship or marriage ends, Danni is often the first person her current and former clients refer to their family and friends. She prides herself on the personal attention and detailed service she provides to each client. In her practice, she strives to protect the legal rights of her clients and their children through negotiated settlements or trial. Danni has extensive litigation experience, having participated in hundreds of trials throughout her career.
She regularly represents and advises family law clients with significant assets including business owners, business managers, farmers, or spouses. She regularly consults with accountants and valuation professionals to evaluate and divide assets. When necessary, she brings in the expertise of colleagues in complimentary practice areas, such as estates, wills, and trusts.
Prior to practicing law in Iowa, Danni focused her efforts on criminal prosecution and family law matters in Dallas, Texas. Upon her return to Iowa in 2008, she served victims of domestic violence in the Women’s Equal Justice Project and as the Violence Against Women Act attorney at Iowa Legal Aid.
Danni considers it a privilege that clients trust her to zealously advocate for their best interests.
- Member, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2018—present
- Associate, Hope Law Firm, 2014—2018
- Staff Attorney, Iowa Legal Aid, 2008—2014
- Solo Practitioner, 2003—2007
- Assistant District Attorney, Dallas County (Texas) District Attorney's Office, 2000—2003
Seminars Recently Attended
- Advocacy Skills Course Completion, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2014
News & Events
- Legal Remedies - Innocent Spouse Relief, Probono.net, 2014
- Legal Remedies - SSI/SSDI What's the Difference, Probono.net, 2014
- Establishing Foundation for Evidence in Family Law Cases, Probono.net, 2010
- Civil Legal Services for Domestic Abuse Victims, Family Violence Center Advocate Training, 2014
- Earned Income Tax Credit and Custody, Des Moines Area Community College ESL class, 2014
- Civil Protective Orders - Full Faith and Credit, Family Violence Center, 2013
- Housing Protections for Victims of Domestic Violence, Advocate Level II Training, 2013
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Training, Advocate Level II Certification Training, 2013
- Domestic Abuse Litigation, New Advocate Training, 2012
- Presenting Evidence in Trial, Legal Aid Work Group Training, 2010
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Polk County Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
Honors & Recognitions
Honors & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion, 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2010