Our trial lawyers draw from their extensive courtroom experience in a wide range of practice areas. We are committed to solving problems and identifying practical, cost-effective solutions for our clients. Our lawyers are prepared to serve our clients’ needs in litigation matters in the Midwest and throughout the country.
Clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs and small business owners to Fortune 500 companies and international corporations have relied on Whitfield & Eddy to handle litigation in diverse practice areas such as: product liability, construction law, complex commercial disputes, debtor-creditor relationships, insurance defense, insurance coverage disputes and bad faith, employee benefits and ERISA, civil rights, class actions, appellate advocacy, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), business torts and unfair competition, trade secrets, aviation, real estate, trusts and estates.
In the Chambers USA guide 2016, clients were quoted as saying:
"I'm very happy, they are extremely responsive and very thorough. I don't want to tell any of my competitors to work with them, I want them all to myself."
"They're aggressive in defense, they have good budgets, clients understand the expenses and our outcomes are fantastic."
In the Chambers USA guide 2019, peers were quoted as saying:
"They have excellent lawyers there."
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading firm in Litigation: General Commercial (Chambers USA: 2014-2020); Litigation: Insurance (Chambers USA: 2014)
- Chosen as the 2015 winner of Corporate Intl Magazine's Global Award in three categories: Trial Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa, Bankruptcy Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa, Family Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa
- Selected as a "Best Law Firm" by Best Lawyers® (a division of U.S. News & World Report) in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Banking & Finance, Litigation-Bankruptcy, Litigation - Construction, Litigation-Labor & Employment, and Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs.
- Selected for inclusion in Benchmark Litigation as a Recommended Firm – Iowa in practice areas including Appellate, Insurance, and Product Liability (2013-2014)
News & Events
- Best Lawyers In America, 08.20.2020
- Reynolds Publishes "A 10-Year View of the Restatement (Third) of Torts, Liability for Physical or Emotional Harm in Iowa"Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, 07.01.2020
- Chambers USA, 05.25.2020
- Transport Topics News, 05.22.2020
- Zach Hermsen Interviewed Following Victory in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.03.09.2020
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, 11.27.2019
- Burke & Brown Receive Favorable Court of Appeals Ruling on Foreclosure Moratorium Statute Requirements11.01.2019
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, 01.31.2019
- Defense Update published by the Iowa Defense Counsel Association, Summer 2018, 08.17.2018
- Credit Union Journal, 07.30.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Gary Goudelock Presents "Employees: Your Biggest Cybersecurity Threat" to Corporate Counsel Audience11.20.2020
- Marco Island, Florida, 03.15.2020
- Webinar, 01.21.2020
- Grinnell, Iowa, 11.05.2019
- New Orleans, Louisiana, 10.16.2019
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, 10.03.2019
- Drake University Law School, 05.31.2019
- Pleasant Hill, Iowa, 04.18.2018
- Scottsdale, Arizona, 03.15.2018
- Kevin Reynolds Authors "Iowa Daubert Review: How Rule 702 and Daubert Can Be the “Silver Bullet” to Win Your Next Case"Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update , 02.23.2021
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Winter 2018, 04.05.2018
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Spring 2017, 04.01.2017
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Fall 2016, 12.07.2016
- J. McIntyre Machinery and Goodyear Dunlop: U.S. Supreme Court On The "No Personal Jurisdiction" DefenseIowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Winter 2012, 01.01.2012
Leaders in Litigation
Leaders in Litigation
Whitfield & Eddy attorneys have received well-earned recognition beyond the courtroom including membership in the most prestigious trial attorney organizations in Iowa and across the nation.
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association of (IDCA)
- Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers (IATL)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL)
- James Andersen
- Thomas Burke
- Jason Casini
- Peter Chalik
- Tyler Coe
- Nicholas Cooper
- S. Luke Craven
- Stephen Doohen
- John Fatino
- Drew Gentsch
- Gary Goudelock Jr.
- Nick Gral
- Danni Harris
- Bryn Hazelwonder
- Thomas Henderson
- Zachary Hermsen
- Matthew Jacobson
- Richard Kirschman
- Jonathan Kramer
- Anna Mallen
- Stephen Marso
- Diana Miller
- Johannes Moorlach
- David Phipps
- Thomas Reavely
- Kevin Reynolds
- Jaki Samuelson
- Bernard Spaeth, Jr.
- Justin Sullivan
- John Templer, Jr.
- Stephen Tyler