Our trial lawyers draw from their extensive courtroom experience in a wide range of practice areas. We are committed to solving problems and identifying practical, cost-effective solutions for our clients. Our lawyers are prepared to serve our clients’ needs in litigation matters in the Midwest and throughout the country.
Clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs and small business owners to Fortune 500 companies and international corporations have relied on Whitfield & Eddy to handle litigation in diverse practice areas such as: product liability, construction law, complex commercial disputes, debtor-creditor relationships, insurance defense, insurance coverage disputes and bad faith, employee benefits and ERISA, civil rights, class actions, appellate advocacy, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), business torts and unfair competition, trade secrets, aviation, real estate, trusts and estates.
In the Chambers USA guide 2016, clients were quoted as saying:
"I'm very happy, they are extremely responsive and very thorough. I don't want to tell any of my competitors to work with them, I want them all to myself."
"They're aggressive in defense, they have good budgets, clients understand the expenses and our outcomes are fantastic."
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading firm in Litigation: General Commercial (Chambers USA: 2014-2018); Litigation: Insurance (Chambers USA: 2014)
- Chosen as the 2015 winner of Corporate Intl Magazine's Global Award in three categories: Trial Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa, Bankruptcy Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa, Family Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa
- Selected as a "Best Law Firm" by Best Lawyers® (a division of U.S. News & World Report) in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Banking & Finance, Litigation-Bankruptcy, Litigation - Construction, Litigation-Labor & Employment, and Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs.
- Selected for inclusion in Benchmark Litigation as a Recommended Firm – Iowa in practice areas including Appellate, Insurance, and Product Liability (2013-2014)
News & Events
- Credit Union Journal, 07.30.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Pleasant Hill, Iowa, 04.18.2018
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Winter 2018, 04.05.2018
- Defense Research Institute For The Defense, November 2017, 11.01.2017
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Spring 2017, 04.01.2017
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Fall 2016, 12.07.2016
- J. McIntyre Machinery and Goodyear Dunlop: U.S. Supreme Court On The "No Personal Jurisdiction" DefenseIowa Defense Counsel Association Defense Update, Winter 2012, 01.01.2012
- Thomas Burke
- Jason Casini
- Peter Chalik
- Tyler Coe
- Nicholas Cooper
- S. Luke Craven
- Stephen Doohen
- Van Everett
- John Fatino
- Drew Gentsch
- Nick Gral
- Danni Harris
- Thomas Henderson
- Zachary Hermsen
- Matthew Jacobson
- Richard Kirschman
- Jonathan Kramer
- Stephen Marso
- Diana Miller
- Johannes Moorlach
- David Phipps
- Thomas Reavely
- Kevin Reynolds
- Jaki Samuelson
- Bernard Spaeth, Jr.
- John Templer, Jr.
- Maureen Roach Tobin
- Stephen Tyler
- Alexis Warner