Nicholas Gral is a litigator who considers the big picture in relation to the task at hand when advising clients in commercial disputes. A meticulous planner, he strives to bring a competitive yet calculated approach to each and every case. Aside from counseling owners and managers in transactional, construction, and transportation matters, Nick is active in the firm’s litigation department and practices a broad range of legal expertise. Clients working with Nick can expect prompt communication, accurate analysis, and thoughtful advice relating to strategy and tactics.
Nick received his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing with a concentration in Business Law from Drake University in 2014. In addition to being a founding member of the Drake University College of Business and Public Administration Ambassadors, Nick was also a member of the Drake University football team.
In May 2011, Nick played in the Global Kilimanjaro Bowl in Arusha, Tanzania, which was the first collegiate football game played in all of Africa. Aside from the game, the trip also included service work with local orphanages, hosting a football clinic for over 1,000 Tanzanian youths, and summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro—the world’s tallest freestanding mountain.
He earned his law degree from Drake University Law School in 2017 with high honors.
- Associate Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2017—present
- Law Clerk, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2015—2017
Activities and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Blackstone Inn of Court
- Iowa State Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2018
- Construction Law From Start to Finish, National Business Institute, June 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association Bench-Bar Conference, May 2018
- The Judges Speak: Civil Court Litigation Do's and Dont's, National Business Institute, November 2017
News & Events
- “Homegrown: Iowa’s Farmers’ Markets, the Benefits of Direct Farm Marketing, and the Surrounding Legal Considerations,” Drake J. Ag. Law (Fall 2017)
Drake University Law School, J.D., 2017, with high honors, dean's list all semesters
- Research Editor: Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, 2016—17
- Public Relations Co-Chair: Student Bar Association, 2015—16
Drake University, B.S., 2014