Nicholas Gral is a litigator who considers the big picture in relation to the task at hand when advising clients in civil litigation disputes. A meticulous planner, he strives to bring a competitive yet calculated approach to each and every case. Aside from counseling owners and managers in transactional, construction, and transportation matters, Nick is active in the firm’s litigation department and practices a broad range of legal expertise. Clients working with Nick can expect prompt communication, accurate analysis, and thoughtful advice relating to strategy and tactics.
Nick received both his undergraduate degree and Juris Doctor from Drake University. In addition to being a founding member of the Drake University College of Business and Public Administration Ambassadors, Nick was also a member of the Drake University football team.
In May 2011, Nick played in the Global Kilimanjaro Bowl in Arusha, Tanzania, which was the first collegiate football game played on the continent of Africa. Aside from the game, the trip also included service work with local orphanages, hosting a football clinic for over 1,000 Tanzanian youths, and summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro—the world’s tallest freestanding mountain.
Nick rejoined the firm in 2020 after practicing for one year at a well-founded civil defense firm in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Associate Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2017—2019, 2020—present
- Associate Attorney, Gallivan, White, & Boyd, P.A., Charleston, SC, 2019—2020
- Law Clerk, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2015—2017
- Master Builders of Iowa Winter Conference, February 2021
- Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers 59th Annual Seminar, February 2021
- Iowa State Bar Association Annual Meeting, May 2020
- Iowa State Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2018
- Construction Law From Start to Finish, National Business Institute, June 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association Bench-Bar Conference, May 2018
- The Judges Speak: Civil Court Litigation Do's and Don'ts, National Business Institute, November 2017
News & Events
- Co-author (with Zachary J. Hermsen and Anna E. Mallen), "Transportation Law Update," Iowa chapter, ALFA International Employment Law Compendium, 2021 Edition
- “Homegrown: Iowa’s Farmers’ Markets, the Benefits of Direct Farm Marketing, and the Surrounding Legal Considerations,” Drake J. Ag. Law (Fall 2017)
American Bar Association
Iowa State Bar Association
Polk County Bar Association, Membership Committee 2021
South Carolina State Bar Association
Drake University Law School, J.D., 2017, with high honors, dean's list all semesters
- Research Editor: Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, 2016—17
- Public Relations Co-Chair: Student Bar Association, 2015—16
- American Jurisprudence Award (Top Grade) – Torts
Drake University, B.S., 2014
- South Carolina