Transportation Lawyers in Iowa
Transportation Attorneys in Des Moines
Transportation industry owners, managers, insurers, and claims representatives require legal counsel for a range of matters. For example, you may need litigation services, interpretation of federal standards, or advice on cargo claims. When a dispute arises, or you encounter confusion over compliance issues, you need fast and reliable assistance.
The experienced team at Whitfield & Eddy can help. Our industry group works with trucking and transportation companies around Iowa and across the country to provide the sound legal input our clients need. We work with:
- Motor carriers
- Single-unit independent contractors
Our attorneys focus on reducing risk for our clients by pursuing a proactive approach to transportation law. Interstate commerce and delivery of goods and services never slows down, so you need someone ready to spring into action at any moment to protect your interests. Whitfield & Eddy can deliver that level of commitment.
What Services Do Our Transportation Attorneys Offer?
We can assist you whether you need representation before the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) or other federal agencies. Our Des Moines transportation lawyers have appeared before state and federal courts to defend clients involved in personal injury claims, including bench and jury trials. We can also address:
- Accident investigations
- Cargo claims
- Logistics contracts
- Industry compliance
- Employment, regulatory, and contract concerns
Problems can arise at any point involving interstate transportation and delivery. Many accidents happen at night, but you don't need to worry about contacting your attorney—our team is ready to support you no matter the time or issue. Whitfield & Eddy is a member of the ALFA International Transportation Go Team, providing round-the-clock service to freight companies traversing Interstate 80 and Interstate 35 year-round including accident investigation, reconstruction, and analysis of damage.
You need attorneys who will stay calm under pressure-filled circumstances and advise you on the smartest way to resolve your situation. Crisis management and emergency response are critical parts of the duties we provide.
Why Select Us as Your Transportation Attorneys?
We have extensive experience within the transportation industry, and our leadership stands out. Whitfield & Eddy is well respected within the industry, and we have penned articles for bar organizations on transportation. Our attorneys offer in-house training and consultation for clients to help you learn more about the industry.
Whitfield & Eddy belongs to the ALFA International Go Team, Transportation Lawyers Association and the Iowa Motor Truck Association. Our attorneys have been recognized by such publications as Chambers USA and U.S. News & World Report for their outstanding work and impressive results.
The steady, effective approach we take to problem-solving provides the returns our clients seek. When you work with us, we craft creative and strategic solutions in your interests.
Contact Whitfield & Eddy Today to Discuss Transportation Law in Iowa
If you need transportation law assistance, Whitfield & Eddy offers practical legal counsel. Our approachable team provides peace of mind in this fast-paced industry, and every client receives regular updates in simple language you can understand. We offer professionalism and strong advocacy for your business to help protect your employees.
The right firm. The right fit. Let our attorneys handle all your company's needs in transportation law matters. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment.
News & Events
- Transportation Law Update: Eighth Circuit Resolves Arbitration Dispute Between Railroad and Trucking Company09.17.2021
- Transportation Law Update: Transportation Related FLSA Collective Action Case Reaches Seventh Circuit09.07.2021
- Transportation Law Update: Iowa Legislature Clarifies Law on Independent Contractors in Transportation01.18.2021
- Transportation Law Update: Governor Reynolds Extends the Disaster Emergency Declaration - Potential August Termination for Critical Trucking Operations08.05.2020
- Transportation Law Update: Governor Reynolds Extends Emergency Declaration Impacting Critical Trucking Operations07.07.2020
- Transport Topics News, 05.22.2020
- Transportation Law Update: Eighth Circuit Holds Carmack Amendment Not a Bar to Personal Injury Claim04.21.2020
- Transportation Law Update: Federal District Court Enjoins California Statute Regarding Independent Contractors02.05.2020
- Transportation Law Update: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Announces Proposed Rulemaking08.16.2019
- Transportation Law Update: U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Wage and Hour Opinion Letter Regarding Sleeper Berths07.24.2019
- Transportation Law Update: Supreme Court Allows Ninth Circuit Decision to Stand Regarding Independent Contractors04.17.2019
- Transportation Law Update: U. S. Supreme Court Affirms Decision That Federal Arbitration Act Prohibits Arbitration with Independent Contractors03.13.2019
- Transportation Law Update: Court of Appeals Holds "Parts or Accessories" Under IRS Code Not Ambiguous01.28.2019
- Transportation Law Update: Court of Appeals Affirms Decision Denying Second Suit - Driver Subject to Joint Employer Rule01.28.2019
- Transportation Law Update: Fatino Published Article About Trucking Independent Contractor Operating AgreementsIowa Trucking Lifeliner, 11.14.2018
- Construction Law Update: Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals: Employees Have Burden of Proof Under New Legislation09.04.2018
- Transportation Law Update: United States Court of Appeals for First Circuit Holds Prohibition on Arbitration Extends to Independent Contractors06.21.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Gary Goudelock Presents "Employees: Your Biggest Cybersecurity Threat" to Corporate Counsel Audience11.20.2020
- Webinar, 04.30.2020
- Jacksonville, Florida, 03.24.2020