As transportation industry professionals, we understand your business and the unique challenges it faces. The Whitfield & Eddy Trucking and Transportation group provides clients comprehensive litigation, counseling, and training services related to over-the-road trucking and transportation issues. National, regional, and Iowa motor carriers seek our advice and counsel. Clients range from single-unit independent contractors to fleets in excess of 300 units along with a number of brokers and shippers. We provide industry insight with counseling on matters of contract, regulatory, and employment concerns. As the industry never sleeps, we are prepared to provide accident investigation services and counseling on cargo claims in Iowa and across the country as a member of the ALFA International Go Team.
A focus on understanding the ever-changing regulatory landscape is a must for the practice group. When serving as counsel, we seek to develop a team approach with client personnel to efficiently resolve issues and proactively avoid risk. A vital part of risk management is providing in-house training and consultation for clients and staff. In addition, our attorneys have presented or authored articles for industry and bar organizations on all facets of the transportation relationship.
Our attorneys have experience handling all types of trucking and transportation litigation. This includes representation before the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, other administrative agencies, and federal and state courts. We also represent motor carriers and others defending personal injury claims whether before a state agency, jury trial, or bench trial.
- ALFA International Go Team
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Iowa Motor Truck Association
News & Events
- Transportation Law Update: Federal District Court Enjoins California Statute Regarding Independent Contractors02.05.2020
- Transportation Law Update: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Announces Proposed Rulemaking08.16.2019
- Transportation Law Update: U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Wage and Hour Opinion Letter Regarding Sleeper Berths07.24.2019
- Transportation Law Update: Supreme Court Allows Ninth Circuit Decision to Stand Regarding Independent Contractors04.17.2019
- Transportation Law Update: U. S. Supreme Court Affirms Decision That Federal Arbitration Act Prohibits Arbitration with Independent Contractors03.13.2019
- Transportation Law Update: Court of Appeals Affirms Decision Denying Second Suit - Driver Subject to Joint Employer Rule01.28.2019
- Iowa Trucking Lifeliner, 11.14.2018
- Construction Law Update: Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals: Employees Have Burden of Proof Under New Legislation09.04.2018
- Transportation Law Update: United States Court of Appeals for First Circuit Holds Prohibition on Arbitration Extends to Independent Contractors06.21.2018
- Transportation Law Update: Court of Appeals Upholds FMCSA's Rule Requiring CMV Driver Sleep Apnea Testing01.15.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Jacksonville, Florida, 03.24.2020