Kay Oskvig has a hands-on approach to the practice of law and brings both private practice and corporate in-house experience when addressing employment matters. Her experience as a key advisor in a variety of business matters helps her address diverse client needs. She pursued a legal career as it requires critical thinking, research, and provides the opportunity to give back to her community.
Kay earned her law degree with distinction in 2014 at the University of Iowa College of Law and was an editor of the Iowa Law Review. She graduated with a degree in Political Science and Psychology from Iowa State University summa cum laude in 2010.
- Associate Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2018—present
- Associate Attorney, Crary, Huff, Ringgenberg, Hartnett & Storm, P.C., 2017—2018
- Associate Director, Legal, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., 2014—2017
- Judicial Extern, Chief Bankruptcy Judge Thad Collins, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Iowa
News & Events
- Note, "Look to the States; How the State-Specific Interpretation Clarifies BAPCPA's § 522 Ambiguity and Protects State Exemption Laws," 99 IOWA L. REV. 867 (2014)
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association (At-Large Representative, Young Lawyers Division; Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Council; Administrative Law Council; Rural Practice and Public Relations Committees)
- Iowa Organization of Women Attorneys
- Presenter, "Employment Law & Practices," Iowa Extension Council Association Conference, March 2019
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2014, with distinction
Iowa State University, B.A. Political Science and Psychology, 2010, summa cum laude
- Southern District of Iowa