Financial Services Law Firm in Iowa
Your financial institution focuses on customer service and new ideas to grow and thrive. Sustained growth requires a partner that can handle the often complex legal issues that may arise. Our financial services law firm provides businesses in the Des Moines area and across the Midwest with the services they require.
We can assist:
- Community and national banks
- Insurance companies
- Credit unions
- Commercial finance businesses
Our team will help solve your most difficult legal matters, relying on extensive experience and knowledge of the financial sector. Whatever you need, we welcome the challenge.
the right firm. the right fit.
Whitfield & Eddy Law attorneys primarily represent banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions on finance and lending matters including commercial, corporate, agricultural, construction, and real estate lending, project finance, and enforceability opinions.
We provide clients customized loan documents for unique loan transactions, guiding our clients to minimize risk in both secured and unsecured transactions. Attorneys work with our clients existing loan programs and procedures to streamline their delivery of credit facilities to their customers.
We regularly represent banks and financial institutions in the restructure and recovery of complex problem business credits when loans become problematic. Our attorneys have experience in many aspects of the process, including negotiating, restructuring and re-documenting the credit, litigating loan recovery actions, representing clients in bankruptcy proceedings, and defending lender liability claims.
Whitfield & Eddy Law attorneys have significant experience representing secured and unsecured creditors, acquirers, and other parties in interest in uniform commercial code legal disputes, foreclosure, judgment enforcement, contentious and consensual bankruptcies, workouts, restructurings, and other matters relating to financially distressed borrowers. We represent clients in enforcing their rights in state court commercial collection actions, bankruptcy proceedings, and defending lender liability claims. Our clients include financial institutions, trade creditors, financing lenders, creditors’ committees, and purchasers of financially distressed businesses.
Our attorneys are admitted to practice in all of Iowa’s state and federal courts and are frequent speakers to attorneys and business groups locally and regionally on bankruptcy law and creditors' rights.
Financial Services Law Offerings
Financial services organizations require legal guidance in many situations. The industry is heavily regulated, and firms must stay firmly in compliance with these guidelines to avoid problems with federal and state governing bodies. Our counsel can keep you within the letter of the law and aware of breaking changes.
Whitfield & Eddy Law attorneys provide regular updates and counsel to keep lenders abreast of changing ordinances or updated regulations. We alert clients to potential problems, so you can protect your institution and clients. In addition, we can help you resolve disputes quickly and discretely to get back to work fast.
The many other services we offer include:
- Recovering business credits
- Negotiating or restructuring credit
- Litigating actions related to loan recovery
- Representing clients entering bankruptcy proceedings
- Defending clients against lender liability claims
Why Choose Whitfield & Eddy Law?
You have many choices for banking and finance attorneys in the Des Moines and throughout Iowa. So, what are the benefits of selecting Whitfield & Eddy Law attorneys to represent you? We have a well-earned reputation for approaching every client's needs with care and diligence, and we deliver solutions that lead to positive outcomes.
Our attorneys have earned respect across the nation for their collaborative approaches with colleagues and results. We have received recognition from a range of publications for our work and results for our clients. We were recognized in Chambers USA for Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions: Banking & Finance, and Best Lawyers®, a division of U.S. News & World Report, as a "Best Law Firm” in financial services-related categories.
Other advantages of partnering with Whitfield & Eddy Law include:
- Digital fluency: We use the latest technology to assist our clients, reflecting our dedication to innovation.
- Forward thinking: We anticipate our clients' needs and have strategies ready to deal with any service you may require.
- Respect throughout the legal community: Our attorneys serve in leadership positions in local and state bar associations and legal societies.
Get in Touch With Whitfield & Eddy Today
We care about our clients and your customers—put your trust in us, and we'll deliver.
The right firm. The right fit.
Our lawyers can meet the needs of your financial institution for any legal services you require. Reach out to Whitfield & Eddy Law today to set up an appointment with our attorneys in Des Moines.
Honors & Awards
Whitfield & Eddy lawyers are highly regarded for their insight and skill. They have been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell, Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America, and Great Plains Super Lawyers.
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions: Banking & Finance.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® (a division of U.S. News & World Report) as a "Best Law Firm" in areas including Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Banking & Finance, Litigation-Bankruptcy, and Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships).
- Past winner of Corporate Intl Magazine's Global Award in Trial Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa, and Bankruptcy Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa.
News & Events
- Chambers USA, 05.20.2021
- Best Lawyers In America, 08.20.2020
- Chambers USA, 05.25.2020
- Burke & Brown Receive Favorable Court of Appeals Ruling on Foreclosure Moratorium Statute Requirements11.01.2019
- Credit Union Journal, 07.30.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Kansas City, Missouri, 10.03.2019