Banking and Financial Services
Banking and financial services is one of Whitfield & Eddy’s core practice areas. We provide comprehensive legal services to national banks, community banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and commercial finance companies.
Our banking attorneys regularly represent banks and financial institutions in the restructure and recovery of complex problem business credits and have experience in many aspects of the process, including negotiating, restructuring and re-documenting the credit, litigating loan recovery actions, representing clients in bankruptcy proceedings, and defending lender liability claims. We help our clients comply with regulations and resolve disputes quickly and cost-effectively. Working with lawyers from all areas of the firm, we provide seamless, integrated legal services and strategies that leverage our knowledge of your industry and business.
Honors & Awards
Whitfield & Eddy lawyers are highly regarded for their insight and skill. They have been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell, Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America, and Great Plains Super Lawyers.
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions: Banking & Finance (2012-2019).
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® (a division of U.S. News & World Report) as a "Best Law Firm" (2013-2020) in areas including Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Banking & Finance, Litigation-Bankruptcy, and Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships).
- 2015 winner of Corporate Intl Magazine's Global Award in Trial Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa, and Bankruptcy Law - Law Firm of the Year in Iowa.
News & Events
- Burke & Brown Receive Favorable Court of Appeals Ruling on Foreclosure Moratorium Statute Requirements11.01.2019
- Credit Union Journal, 07.30.2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Kansas City, Missouri, 10.03.2019
- Washington, D.C., 09.11.2019