Josh represents financial institutions in documenting commercial and agricultural loans throughout the Midwest on a weekly basis. He also has significant experience in equipment leasing transactions, loan workouts, enforcement, and collection.
Josh also regularly assists businesses in a variety of day-to-day and long-term matters, including business formation, governance, mergers, acquisitions, and sales. This includes regularly working with dental and medical professionals in both the greater Des Moines area and throughout the state in the processes of starting, purchasing, and selling a practice.
In connection with his representation of businesses, Josh also is prepared to handle related real estate matters, including sales and purchases; preparation of title opinions and resolution of title objections; and reviewing and preparing commercial leases.
Josh previously practiced law as an Associate Attorney in the Creditors’ Rights practice area and Financial Services Industry team at Saalfeld Griggs PC in Salem, Oregon.
He received his law degree from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2016 and was a Managing Editor of the Iowa Law Review. He received his Bachelor of Arts cum laude from Brigham Young University in 2013.
- Assisted in the multi-million dollar stock sale of a local company.
- Assisted in the ongoing representation of financial institutions to document and close loan transactions throughout the county totaling over $1 billion in 2021.
- Associate Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2020 —
- Associate Attorney, Saalfeld Griggs PC., Salem, Oregon, 2016 — 2020
- Drake Law School Real Estate Transactions, April 2022
- Note: Legislative Plumbing: Amending Iowa’s Municipal Utility Board Statute to Include a For-Cause Removal Requirement for Utility Board Trustees, 101 Iowa L. Rev. 779 (2016).
News & Events
Honors & Recognitions
Honors & Recognitions
- Polk County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project: recognized for pro bono work hours (2021—2022)
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2016
- Managing Editor, Iowa Law Review
Brigham Young University, B.A., History, 2013, cum laude
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon