Attorneys Helping Dental Organizations in Iowa
Successful dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, and other dental professionals across Iowa seek Whitfield & Eddy attorneys for legal representation, counsel and guidance. Like dental professionals, our attorneys have an entrepreneurial spirit and deliver organized, efficient, and cost-effective solutions. Our thoughtful, clear, and direct approach provides counsel before making decisions to limit risk and prepare for the future.
Our team approach helps dentists in all aspects of legal service needs including business, family law, estates, wills, and trusts, litigation, labor and employment, and real estate. Whether starting a new practice, selling a practice, or dealing with the ongoing issues related to maintaining the business, we can assist through the process.
Specialized services include the creation of new entities and starting a practice, buying, selling, or leasing real estate, documenting the purchase or sale of a practice, preparing and reviewing employment and associate agreements, and handling disputes.
Contact attorneys Nick Cooper for more information about how we can assist with your practice in Iowa.
- Formation and Ownership –we work with owners and managers to determine the proper method of governance of the organization, scope of representation and other necessary areas including, but not limited to the formation of professional corporations and professional limited liability companies.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – we represent professionals from the beginning through the end of their career. This includes buying into a practice, and/or purchasing a practice due to retirement. We draft purchase agreements, represent buyers and sellers and handle real estate and related property issues associated with these transactions. We advise on the due diligence to ensure a smooth transition for all parties involved.
- Employment Agreements – we represent practice owners in general employment agreements for all staff. Additionally, we draft associate agreements for dentists joining the practice. These agreements focus on key areas including non-compete (scope, duration, enforcement), buy-in to the practice (terms, liability, pay and production percentage) and other benefits. When a new dentist is being employed or buying into the practice, we prepare associate agreements and stock and unit purchase agreements as needed.
- Real Estate – we assist practice owners and managers on real property decisions including lease, purchase or building a facility. When necessary, we advise on the creation of real estate holding companies and ensure that the title is clean when acquiring property.
- Dispute Resolution – it is always difficult to forecast challenges for businesses, but should disputes arise for dental practice owners and managers, we are able to guide through the process, including litigation if necessary, to resolution.
- Oral Surgeons