Construction and Surety Law
Whitfield & Eddy construction attorneys provide advice, counseling, and legal representation to contractors and other members of the construction community. Our goal is to achieve cost-effective and successful resolution of the problems and issues our construction clients confront on a daily basis.
We assist contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, owners, and surety companies by, for example, drafting and reviewing contracts, providing advice on problems and issues that arise on projects, preparing and filing liens and other claim documents, and representing them in arbitration and litigation.
- American Bar Association Fidelity & Surety Law Committee
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law
- Associated General Contractors of Iowa
- Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa
- Iowa Chapter of the Construction Financial Management Association
- Construction Specifications Institute
- Design-Build Institute of America, Iowa Chapter
- Iowa Concrete Paving Association
- Iowa Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- Iowa State Bar Association Construction Law Section
- National Bond Claims Association
- Master Builders of Iowa
- Mechanical Contractors Association of Iowa
We handle all construction disputes that may arise, such as payment disputes, contract scope disagreements, and defect, delay, and property damage claims. Our team of attorneys and staff are experienced and trained to tackle all facets of litigation, including jury trials, bench trials, arbitration hearings, and appeals. Several of our attorneys are also trained and certified arbitrators and mediators for construction disputes.
Whitfield & Eddy also has a strong presence in fidelity and surety matters as well. Our team investigates, negotiates, mediates, and litigates fidelity and bond claims, and advises and handles many related matters, such as performance and payment bond obligations and takeover situations.
News & Events
Events & Speaking Engagements
- American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice (TIPS) Committee News Spring 2016, 04.28.2016