Clients look to Justin for sound advice based on over a decade of hands-on general construction and roofing expertise as a tradesman and roofing manufacturer's technical professional. He supports his clients in all phases of litigation and arbitration including depositions, discovery, and retention of experts. His representation includes lien foreclosure, federal and state bidding, insurance claims, delay and disruption, bond claims, change order disputes, payment, construction defect claims, UCC sales disputes, contract negotiation, employment law compliance, and business formation.
He is active in the roofing industry as the Executive Secretary for the Iowa Roofing Contractors Association, which represents over seventy companies related to the Iowa residential and commercial roofing industry. He is also a member of the Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association, a contractor association of engineers and contractors dedicated to conservation of soil and water throughout the state.
Growing up working on family farms in Buchanan County, Iowa, Justin is very familiar with the value agribusiness clients expect. Large-scale agribusiness and family farm owners and managers seek his advice on matters including trust and closely-held corporation litigation in shareholder actions and trustee/beneficiary suits. He also assists with crop insurance claims and arbitration, Packers and Stockyards bond claims, and commercial (UCC) litigation. His practice includes representing clients in disputes, real estate transactions, estate planning and probate administration related to farming.
- Attorney at Law, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2019 — present
- Partner, Malloy Law Firm, LLP, 2018 — 2019
- Associate Attorney, Malloy Law Firm, LLP, 2015 — 2017
News & Events
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Executive Secretary, Iowa Roofing Contractors Association
- National Roofing Legal Resource Center
- Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association
- Knights of Columbus St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Council
- Construction Contract Drafting and Negotiations, Iowa Land Improvement Contractors
- Business Formation and Liability Protection, Iowa Land Improvement Contractors
- State and Municipal Contracting, Half Moon Education
- Contract Disputes and Lien and Getting Paid, ProBuild
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2012, Dean's List
Wartburg College, B.A., 2004
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court - Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Eighth Circuit