Clients look to Justin for sound advice based on over a decade of hands-on general construction and roofing expertise as a tradesman and roofing manufacturer's technical professional. He supports his clients in all phases of litigation and arbitration including depositions, discovery, and retention of experts. His representation includes lien foreclosure, federal and state bidding, insurance claims, delay and disruption, bond claims, change order disputes, payment, construction defect claims, UCC sales disputes, contract negotiation, employment law compliance, and business formation.
He is active in the roofing industry as the Executive Secretary for the Iowa Roofing Contractors Association, which represents over seventy companies related to the Iowa residential and commercial roofing industry. He is also a member of the Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association, a contractor association of engineers and contractors dedicated to conservation of soil and water throughout the state.
Growing up working on family farms in Buchanan County, Iowa, Justin is very familiar with the value agribusiness clients expect. Large-scale agribusiness and family farm owners and managers seek his advice on matters including trust and closely-held corporation litigation in shareholder actions and trustee/beneficiary suits. He also assists with crop insurance claims and arbitration, Packers and Stockyards bond claims, and commercial (UCC) litigation. His practice includes representing clients in disputes, real estate transactions, estate planning and probate administration related to farming.
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law Fall Meeting, September 2022
- Master Builders of Iowa Annual Winter Conference, February 2022
News & Events
- Best Lawyers in America, 08.30.2022
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Sullivan and Reser-Moorehead Deliver Presentations at Land Contractors Annual Meeting and ConventionDes Moines, Iowa, 01.16.2023
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 03.24.2021
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Executive Secretary, Iowa Roofing Contractors Association
- National Roofing Legal Resource Center
- Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association
- Knights of Columbus St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Council
Honors & Recognitions
Honors & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Construction Law and Litigation - Construction (Ones to Watch: 2023)
- "Business Formation and Asset Protection," Iowa Land Improvement Contractors 2023 Convention
- "Family Feud: What Happens When the Farm is in a Trust or Estate, and We All Don’t Get Along," with Anne M. Reser-Moorehead, Iowa Land Improvement Contractors 2023 Convention
- "Who’s Actually Working for Your Subs? The Dangers of Sub-Subcontracting & More," Master Builders of Iowa Cornerstone Academy
- "Construction Contract Drafting and Negotiations," Iowa Land Improvement Contractors
- "Business Formation and Liability Protection," Iowa Land Improvement Contractors
- "State and Municipal Contracting," Half Moon Education
- Contract Disputes and Lien and Getting Paid, ProBuild
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., Dean's List
Wartburg College, B.A.
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court - Nebraska
- U.S. District Court - Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Eighth Circuit