Diana Miller Hosts District 8 Family Law Seminar
Divorce and family law attorney Diana Miller was the host of the District 8 Family Law Seminar on June 21, 2022 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. Judges and attorneys from the 14-county area gathered at the historic Union Block building to discuss recent updates in family law, COVID-19 updates, and address general questions and answers from attendees.
Family law topics of discussion included:
- Judicial recommendations on orders, injunctions, hearings and motions
- Changes in procedure stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Family Law Requirements Order (FLRO)
- Mediation and mediator panel
- Pre-trial conferences and best practices
- New Iowa Child Support Guidelines
- Iowa caselaw updates
Diana Miller was the moderator of the session "Family Law Requirements Order (FLRO) Discussion," where attendees discussed changes, types of cases included, and best practices.
Iowa Judicial District 8
Iowa District 8 counties include: Appanoose, Davis, Des Moines, Henry, Jefferson, Keokuk, Lee, Louisa, Mahaska, Monroe, Poweshiek, Van Buren, Wapello, and Washington. The largest towns in the area are Burlington, Grinnell, Ottumwa, Mt. Pleasant, Fairfield, Keokuk, and Fort Madison.
For more information
Contact Diana Miller for for your family law matter in the east and southeast part of Iowa at 319-385-9522.