Ashley Charnetski’s practice focuses on estate planning, will drafting, trusts, trust administration, and probate. She works with individuals to develop their estate plans and provides instruction to executors and trustees in estate and trust administration.
She evaluates her clients’ assets, family circumstances, and expectations to develop an estate plan that effectively achieves her clients’ goals. She offers advice and assistance to clients in business succession planning, business formation, and real estate transactions as a part of their overall estate plan. She also collaborates with her clients’ team of financial and tax advisors to ensure continuity in planning.
Ashley advises clients to review and update their estate plans periodically to account for changes in goals, life circumstances, and the law. The thorough and comprehensive estate plans prepared by Ashley give individuals and families security in knowing that they are prepared for the future.
- Member, Whitfield & Eddy Law Executive Committee, 2022—present
- Co-Chair, Whitfield & Eddy Law Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, 2021
- Past Member Advisor, Whitfield & Eddy Associate Professional Development Committee
- Member Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2020—present
- Associate Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2016—2019
- Associate Attorney, Charnetski, Lacina & Clower, LLP, Grinnell, Iowa, 2013—2016
Activities & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Iowa Organization of Women Attorneys
- Polk County Women Attorneys Board of Directors, Basket Auction Co-Chair 2019 — 2020; Law School Liaison/Inclusion Chair 2021
- West Des Moines Leadership Academy, Class of 2019 Graduate; Advisory Committee Member, 2020 — present
- Iowa State Bar Association Bloethe Tax School, December 2020
- Iowa State Bar Association Bloethe Tax School, December 2019
- Drake University Law School Adult Guardianship and Adult Conservatorship Conference, October 2019
- Iowa State Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2019
- Iowa State Bar Association Bloethe Tax School, December 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association Bloethe Tax School, December 2017
- 43rd Annual Notre Dame Tax and Estate Planning Institute, October 2017
- Iowa State Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2017
- Iowa State Bar Association Bloethe Tax School, December 2016
- Iowa Title Guaranty Fall Conference, November 2016
- American Legal Institute Estate Planning In Depth, June 2016
- Iowa State Bar Association Bench-Bar Conference, May 2016
- Iowa Finance Authority Iowa Title Guaranty Spring Conference, April 2016
News & Events
- Best Lawyers in America, 08.22.2023
- Best Lawyers in America, 08.30.2022
- Best Lawyers in America, 08.19.2021
- Best Lawyers In America, 08.20.2020
- The Iowa Lawyer, 06.19.2019
Honors & Recognitions
Honors & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Real Estate Law, Trusts and Estates Law (Ones to Watch: 2021-2023)
Ashley is a regular speaker at private client events and seminars about topics including wills, trusts, and estate planning.
- Speaker, Honkamp Krueger Retirement Planning Seminar, "Make the Best of the Rest: Retire the Way You Want," Des Moines, October 2019.