Denise Hill Authors "Vaccine Mandates in the Health Care Workplace” Book for Employers and Human Resource Professionals
Attorney and Drake Law School professor Denise Hill wrote "Vaccine Mandates in the Health Care Workplace: A Legal Analysis for Employers" published by the American Health Law Association. Hill provides legal analysis to address factors to achieve a meaningful workforce immunization in the health care setting.
Key areas of interest for business owners and human resource professionals:
- Overview of Key Legal Issues
- The Current Environment
- Trends for Immediate Future and Recommendations to Clients
- Practice Tips and Tools
Questions about covid-19 vaccines:
- Is it legal to require all health care personnel in our organization to be vaccinated for COVID-19?
- As a health care organization, are we obligated to ensure that all employees are vaccinated to protect fellow employees, patients, and other stakeholders? If so, how do we deal with employees who are hesitant or refuse to be vaccinated?
- Is educating and encouraging employees to be vaccinated sufficient to meet our obligations?
- What incentives and strategies are appropriate to promote COVID-19 vaccinations?
- How does vaccination fit into opening the premises to visitors, volunteers, contractors, members of the public, and others? From an operational standpoint, what will it take to implement those decisions?
Analysis about covid-19 and vaccines include:
- Practical checklists on vaccine mandate policy considerations and key issues for organization decision-making
- Employers’ authority to mandate vaccination as well as health and safety obligations
- Preparing for potential COVID-19 liability and lawsuits
- Reasonable accommodation issues such as disability and religion
- Overcoming employees’ vaccination hesitancy
- Federal law and guidance from agencies overseeing employers’ legal rights and responsibilities regarding employee vaccination, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Future trends and recommendations
Purchase "Vaccine Mandates in the Health Care Workplace: A Legal Analysis for Employers"
The book is available for purchase on the American Health Law Association website.
About the author
Denise M. Hill, has over 25 years of legal, policy, and mediation experience. She is a fulltime Associate Professor of Practice in Public Administration at Drake University and continues to practice health and employment law with the Whitfield & Eddy law firm in Des Moines, Iowa. Previously, Denise was the Director of Health Law Programs at Drake Law School; was an Associate Professor in the Colleges of Medicine, Podiatry, and Health Sciences at Des Moines University; and also taught for the University of Iowa’s Executive MHA program. In addition to her work in private practice and academia, Denise was an Attorney/Manager of Public & Regulatory Affairs with the Iowa Medical Society and a State of Iowa labor relations attorney.