Jessica is an attorney practicing in the Whitfield & Eddy Law family law practice group. Over the last fifteen years of organized case management and client service, she has grown her reputation as a first-rate divorce and family law attorney. She delivers a holistic cost-benefit analysis to guide individual client decision-making. This personalized framework provides a plan to consider long-term legal, financial, emotional, psychological, and practical implications of decisions and all minor children impacted.
Jessica James Rotole Des Moines Family Law Attorney
With over a decade of active practice in family law matters, she assists in divorce, child custody, and modifications. She strives to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with opposing counsel, but is an assertive and zealous client advocacy. As a trusted advocate for her clients, she relies on her past experience as a city prosecutor to guide them through contested matters. Always prepared for conflict, she is a high-quality litigator and familiar with the courtroom and trial practice.
Jessica seeks positive outcomes and resolution
Her approach to domestic law cases, particularly high-conflict dissolution of marriage, legal separation, child custody and post-decree matters is appreciated by her clients and respected by peers. She is a skilled counselor, negotiator and litigator. Her practical approach seeks to resolve issues in the best interests of the client and minor children involved.
Collaborative divorce in central iowa
Jessica is trained and certified in Collaborative Divorce for clients who wish to resolve their family law matters outside of litigation. Collaborative Divorce often utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach, by including mental health professionals and certified financial planners in the process. The process involves an open exchange of information and utilizes a problem-solving approach to avoid the conflict and uncertainty found in contested litigation matters.
central iowa family law MEDIATION
Jessica can serve as a mediator, assisting parties in the process to reach mutual resolution, rather than in the Courts.
Jessica assists clients in a range of family law and custody issues
Case experience includes, but not limited to:
- Dissolution of marriage
- Legal separation
- Child custody and allocation of parental responsibilities
- Second-parent adoption
- Grandparent adoption
- Civil protection orders and violations
- Post-decree actions including contempt, emergency restriction of parenting time and visitation
- Modifications of parental decision-making, parenting time and visitation, child support and spousal support.
Contact Jessica James Rotole for assistance
Member Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law
- Mediation Training
- Collaborative Law Training
News & Events
- Best Lawyers in America, 08.22.2023
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Polk County Women Attorneys
- Iowa Organization of Women Attorneys
- Lincoln Inne of Court
Honors & Recognitions
Honors & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in the area of Family Law (2019—2024)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Best Lawyers in Colorado, Family Law
- Iowa Legal Aid: recognized for pro bono work hours in 2022—2023.