Oskvig, Hazelwonder, and Mallen Present Employment Law Basics
Whitfield & Eddy attorneys Kay Oskvig, Anna Mallen, and Bryn Hazelwonder presented "Employment Law Basics" on March 10, 2020 as part of the Iowa State Bar Association People's Law School. Rachel Falahpour, Business Marketing Specialist, from Iowa Workforce Development joined the presentation.
The ISBA People's Law School events usually take place on the third Tuesday of each month at the ISBA Headquarters in Des Moines and are also live-streamed to local communities throughout Iowa. Learn more about the People's Law School at the ISBA website.
Topics for the session included:
GETTING A JOB
- Pay – wage and hour, withholding, etc.
AT THE JOB
- Young workers in multigenerational workforces
- Service animals/pets in the workplace
- Injuries (including Workers’ Comp and OSHA overview)
- Discrimination/harassment (What is a Civil Rights Complaint)
DURING/AFTER THE JOB
- Non-compete agreements
- Unemployment (including at will employment)