Peter represents financial institutions in commercial litigation including creditor rights and bankruptcy involving collection of debts, collateral recovery, workouts and restructuring. He is detail-oriented in development of methods and strategies to best address disputes. His approach to case management delivers calm and sensible guidance in contested matters.
After graduation from law school, Peter was a Law Clerk for Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge Helen C. Adams at the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa. In that capacity he drafted and edited orders on discovery disputes and civil dispositive motions including employment, insurance, and contract disputes.
Peter graduated from the University of Iowa with a Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science in 2013 and was on the Dean's List. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2016. He graduated with distinction, was Note & Comment Editor for the Iowa Law Review, and served as Executive Director of the Moot Court Board.
- Associate Attorney, Whitfield & Eddy Law, 2018—present
- Law Clerk, United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa, 2016—2018
- Commercial and Business Lending Basics for Support Personnel, April 2019
- Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Seminar, Iowa State Bar Association, April 2019
- All-Iowa Bankruptcy Conference, Iowa Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, October 2018
News & Events
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- C. Edwin Moore Inn of Court
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2016, with distinction and honors
University of Iowa, B.A., History and Political Science, 2013
- Dean's List
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Iowa - Bankruptcy
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Iowa
U.S. District Court - Southern District of Iowa - Bankruptcy