Tyler Coe delivers honest guidance to his clients in divorce and family law matters. He is known for his approachable demeanor and awareness of the many factors that come into play in each unique case. High conflict cases and financial matters are key areas of emphasis for Tyler. He thoroughly analyzes and collaborates with clients to understand and get to the bottom of complicated relationships.
As a family lawyer, he is experienced in managing cases involving divorce, child custody, modifications, and high conflict disputes. He is familiar with the unique needs in mid-to-high asset divorce including business owners, executives, and medical professionals. He works closely with financial advisors, accountants, and therapists to provide a full spectrum of services and assistance for clients.
He focuses his practice on families and the personal needs they may have both during and after dissolution. He is able to assist in matters involving children and can help establish plans that prepare for their future. Tyler also provides mediation services, which enables the parties to have greater control over their end result. Additionally, he assists clients with pet custody issues.
Tyler believes it is never too soon to establish plans for life, including consulting on pre-nuptial agreements. With every stage in life, and accompanying changes in responsibilities, Tyler can provide insight and detail to help build confidence in a sound life plan.
Tyler also serves on a non-profit board which was ranked on Business Record’s Book of Lists 2018 as one of the top-25 most influential boards in the Des Moines metro area.
- Family Law Seminar, Iowa State Bar Association, October 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association Bench-Bar Conference, May 2018
- Family Law Mediation Training, Des Moines, IA, January 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association Family Law Seminar, October 2017
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Institute for Family Law Associates, Chicago, IL, June 2016
News & Events
Public Speaking and Commentary
- Commentator, Federal Government Shutdown Effects on Family Law Clients, Iowa Public Radio River to River, January 11, 2019
- Keynote Speaker, Ethics, Central Iowa Supervision Partnership Fall Conference, Johnston, Iowa, September 2018
- Guest Speaker, Divorce Beneficiary Designations for Insurance Agents, New York Life Insurance Company, Ankeny, Iowa, July 2018
Commentator, Masterpiece Cakeshop United States Supreme Court ruling on WOI-TV 5 News (ABC affiliate), June 2018
Guest Speaker, Masterpiece Cakeshop case before the United States Supreme Court, with the American Constitution Society, Drake Outlaws, and Drake Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, June 2018
- Adjunct Professor, Law Constitutes A Family, Drake University, Des Moines, IA, 2018
- Polk County Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Member, Family & Juvenile Law Section Council, 2018
- Editor/Contributor ISBA Family Law Manual 2017